Graduate Students: Click here for downloadable forms.
1. Letter of application stating the applicant’s purpose(s) and specific field(s) of interest (original & photocopy)
2. Official transcripts of undergraduate and graduate work, if any (original and two photocopies)
3. Accomplished GSO recommendation forms from two former professors and/or employee
Download the GSO recommendation form.
4. Two (2) copies of accomplished GSO biodata form, each with a 2”x2” photo
Download the GSO application form.
5. Copy of marriage contract (if name on transcript is different from current name)
6. Additional requirements, if entering the programs indicated:
6.1. PROOF OF ENGLISH PROFICIENCY
(if native language is not English, unless graduated from an institution where the medium of instruction is English); minimum score of 500 in the TEST OF ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE
only for MA/PhD Art Studies/Comparative Literature/English Studies/Speech Communication/Theater Arts
6.2 SAMPLE OF CREATIVE WRITING
only for MA/PhD Creative Writing
6.3 MGA HALIMBAWA NG MALIKHAING PAGSULAT [“SAMPLES OF CREATIVE WRITING”]
only for MA/PhD Filipino: Malikhaing Pagsulat
6.4 PROOF OF EXPERIENCE IN THEATER PRODUCTION
only for MA Theater Arts
6.5 PROOF OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
only for MA Spanish/French/German
6.6 CONCEPT PAPER ON PROPOSED DISSERTATION TOPIC (2-5 pages)
only for PhD Philippine Studies
7. Entrance test or interview which may be required by the department or by the Graduate Studies Office.
8. Non-refundable application fee (payable to the Cashiers’ Office)
PhP 100 (one hundred pesos) for Filipino citizens;
PhP 200 (two hundred pesos) for resident aliens; or US$25 for non-resident aliens
First Semester, AY2017-18 = May 12, 2017;
Second Semester, AY2017-18 = October 13, 2017.
SEND APPLICATIONS TO:
DEAN MA. AMIHAN BONIFACIO-RAMOLETE, PHD
Graduate Studies Office
College of Arts and Letters
University of the Philippines
Diliman, Quezon City 1101
Tel. No.: 433-1784; 981-8500 loc. 2107 (Look for Jane)