Schedules and Deadlines (Second Semester, Academic Year 2016-2017)
|1st Semester, Academic Year 2016-2017||2nd Semester, Academic Year 2016-2017||Midyear, Academic Year 2016-2017|
|Application for shifting (from UP Diliman academic units)||31 May 2016 (Tuesday)||Not applicable||Not applicable|
|Application for transfer (from other UP campuses)||31 May 2016 (Tuesday)||Not applicable||Not applicable|
|Application for transfer (from other universities)||20 April 2016 (Wednesday)
20 June 2016 (Monday)
|Not applicable||Not applicable|
|Application for graduation*||17 August 2016 (Wednesday)||31 January 2017 (Tuesday)||16 June 2017 (Friday)|
|Application for graduation evaluation||15 November 2016 (Tuesday)||25 November 2016 (Friday)||5 May 2017 (Friday)|
|Dropping of courses**||27 October 2016 (Thursday)||19 April 2017 (Wednesday)||4 July 2017 (Tuesday)|
|Application for Leave of Absence (LOA)**||11 November 2016 (Friday)||28 April 2017 (Friday)||Not applicable|
|Application for readmission from Leave of Absence (LOA)||8 July 2016 (Friday)||9 December 2016 (Friday)||19 May 2017 (Friday)|
|Application for readmission from Absence without Leave (AWOL)||8 July 2016 (Friday)||9 December 2016 (Friday)||19 May 2017 (Friday)|
|Appeal for readmission from dismissal due to scholastic delinquency||1 August 2016 (Monday)||6 January 2017 (Friday)||2 June 2017 (Friday)|
|Appeal for readmission from permanent disqualification||1 August 2016 (Monday)||6 January 2017 (Friday)||2 June 2017 (Friday)|
|Appeal for waiver of Maximum Residence Rule (MRR)||8 July 2016 (Friday)||9 December 2016 (Friday)||19 May 2017 (Friday)|
|Appeal for extension of waiver of Maximum Residence Rule (MRR)||8 July 2016 (Friday)||9 December 2016 (Friday)||19 May 2017 (Friday)|
*Those who already applied in the past but did not graduate must apply again.
**These procedures are done online, through the CRS, but the printed dropping slips and LOA forms should be submitted to the Office of the College Secretary on or before the dates stated above.
- UP students, whether from Diliman or UP’s other constituent universities, who want to shift or transfer to one of the degree programs offered by the College of Arts and Letters, may proceed directly to the Office of the College Secretary to secure an application form. Applicants from universities outside the UP system must process their application at the Office of the University Registrar.
- Upon completion of the application form, students should submit it and other required documents to the Student Records Evaluator of the Office of the College Secretary.
- Applicants will then be informed of interview and examination schedules (whenever applicable).
(For Graduate Studies Admission Requirements, visit this page.)
- Accomplished application form – This form may be secured from the Office of the College Secretary.
- True Copy of Grades (TCG) – Applicants from any of the UP campuses must, at least, have taken and earned 30 academic units, excluding those taken at UP Diliman as cross-registration courses.
- The general weighted average (GWA)** of applicants must meet the grade requirement prescribed by the department that offers the program where the applicant wants to be admitted to. Below is the list of the grade requirements of the College of Arts and Letters’ degree programs:
|Department of Art Studies (DAS)|
|BA Art Studies||2.25|
|Department of English and Comparative Literature (DECL)|
|BA English Studies||2.25|
|BA Creative Writing||2.25|
|BA Comparative Literature||2.25|
|Department of European Languages (DEL)|
|BA European Languages||2.0|
|Department of Filipino and Philippine Literature (DFPL)|
|BA Philippine Studies||1.88|
|Department of Speech Communication and Theatre Arts (DSCTA)|
|BA Speech Communication||2.25|
|BA Theatre Arts||2.25|
- Certification of “No Contract” – This document may be secured from the Office of the Secretary of the college where the applicant is currently enrolled.
- Certificate of Good Moral Character (issued by the college where the student is currently enrolled)
- One 2×2 photo
- Non-refundable application fee of PHP 20.00 (to be paid at the Cashier’s Office, 2nd Floor, PNB Building)
- In addition to the general requirements, the units of CAL employ other screening mechanisms. For DAS applicants, examination and interview are required; for DECL applicants, admission examination; for DEL applicants, interview; for DFPL applicants, interview and examination; for DSCTA applicants, interview and examination. All CAL departments rank the applicants based on their own independent criteria.
*The requirements above are only applicable to UP students aiming to transfer or shift to one of the programs offered by the College. For applicants who are already students of the College of Arts and Letters, these requirements are waived; they need only fill out the application form.
**Meeting the average grade required by the unit does not guarantee acceptance to the program.